Since Feb 14 is coming up, they are decorated for Valentine’s Day
2 1/2 C cake flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1t baking soda
1 t salt
1T cocoa powder
1 C buttermilk
1 T distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
1 oz red food coloring
1 T vanilla
pound of cream cheese
1 pound of butter
4 C confectioner’s sugar
2 t vanilla
(1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
(2) Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
(3) Combine remaining cake ingredients and beat on medium speed.
(4) Add dry ingredients slowly til fully combined.
(5) Pout into 2 9″ cake pans greased with vegetable oil. Bake 20-30 minutes. Cool for 20.
(1) Combine butter and cream cheese on medium speed. Slowly add sugar til desired consistency and taste is reached. Add vanilla. Frost cooled cake.